Do you have interest in camping? But I think you are new to this outdoor activity. Don’t worry, in this article you will have the complete guide with camping checklist.
Camping checklist mainly vary person to person. But we have to admit it that coordinate a camping is not an easy thing to do. You have to take lots of preparation before going camping.
You have to take adequate supplies to make your trip enjoyable. So a checklist helps to keep your camping things organized. You have to take things that will cover your plan, trip and time. Let’s know in details.
Have enough preparation of food for camping. It is better to have a plan for what will you eat while you are in camp.
If you can prepare food from home like marinate, chopped vegetables and potatoes, then your food preparation will get much more easier. Take necessary utensils, pots with you.
Ultimate Camping Guide
When you have decided to go camping, then try following the below steps properly. Trust me you will have a good experience with your trip.
First, take a calendar and mark a date to go for camping. Then mark the campground where you will set your camp. Because a good campground gets booked fast. So make the plan fast and fix the ground.
If you are planning to go for a camping at the weekend than try to go at the early time to avoid the traffic rush. If you leave early, you can set your camp early because it is quite tricky to set the camp in the dark.
Don’t go camping alone. Take your friends and family along with you in the tour. If you have kids in the family, make sure to bring them. The camping experience will be the best one.
Before going camping, make sure you have all the gears intact and in place. Don’t take unnecessary things because it is hard to carry extra heavy bag. Try to keep your bag as light as possible.
- For setting in the ground, you will need Tent, stakes, and poles.
- There is a ground cover that is known as Tent footprint.
- The extra sheet or blind
- Sleeping bag and pad.
- Repair kit for tarp, pads, tent, and mattress.
- Extra Pillows and blankets.
- flashlights or headlamps with extra batteries
- Lantern fuel or batteries
- Fuel for cooktop
- Lighter or matches
- Frying saucepan
- Portable coffee maker
- Spiral screw
- Roasting sticks and marshmallows
- Food-storage bags and containers
- Trash bags
- Water bottles
- Knives, forks, Plates, spoons, bowls,
- Mugs, cups,
- Paring knife, cooking spoon, and spatula,
- Cutting board
- Ecological soap
- Sponge, dishtowel, and dishcloth,
- Paper towels
- Extra container for washing plates
- Clothes for morning
- Shoes for walking or hiking shoes, comfortable shoes, and water shoes
- Extra coats for warmth
- Insect repellant
- First-aid kit
- Toothbrush, toiletries
- Prescription medications
- Phone number of campsite registration confirmation,
- First-aid kit
- Area information and Maps,
- Toys and bikes for kids.
- Food and supplies for Pet
Camping Mistakes That Beginners Do
It is normal to make mistakes for beginners who go camping. Here are the common mistakes that a camper does:
- Not knowing about the place where you will go for camping. Because camping is all about having fun. But if you go to a place where camping is not allowed or not a proper place to set one.
- Going to the camping without checking all the equipment’s you are taking.
- Yes, camping and campfire are related. But as you are a beginner then don’t depend on a campfire to cook food. Sometimes you may find challenging too, and the result will be no food to eat. So take a stove with you for the emergency.
- Taking equipment’s that are cheap.
You can guess how important is camping checklist is. There are some cool online checklist app that will keep you updated even if you forget.
To maintain a hard copy, take the app that makes camping checklist printable. This checklist will help your camping enjoyable and adventurous. Enjoy your time.