If you are a food lover, then your kitchen has to own different types of knives. Different knives offer different cutting. Admit or not, a good set of kitchen knife set make your preparation and serving food natural and smooth.
Here in this article, you will know the difference between carving knife and slicing knife. Why is it so important to know about Carving knife vs. slicing knife? Let’s find it together.
Difference between carving knife and slicing knife:
When you want to search the difference between the knives, you will face a lot of confusion. Well, a carving knife is a knife that is designed to make beautiful slices meats like poultry, beef, and ham. The edge of the knife is straight and sharp. You have to keep the blade sharpen regularly.
The blade is 8-10-inch-long, and the blade starts full from the handle, and it gets narrower to the tip. This shape allows to cut precise, and you can make through in the cartilage and bones. You can tell this carving knife is a combination between a boning knife and a chef knife. Your cutting thickness will be even with this knife.
Many use this knife for meat slicing, but it is best for carving bone-in ham, pork roast, chicken, and turkey. You will be amazed when the job is done so beautifully. The carving knife is mainly for getting thick meat slice from cooking meat from the bone.
My top 3 preference of carving knife are:
- DALSTRONG Carving Knife & Fork Set: This carving knife ensures a perfect slice of your cooked meat like ham, turkey and roast. The knife is full tang and the fork design keeps the slice a beautiful look on the plate. This knife is ultra-sharp and high in quality. The blade finish is satin and ensures flexibility and hardness while cutting. The handle is comfortable and makes the grip strong when you are slicing.
- J.A. Henckels International Classic carving set: With this carving set your meat slice will be beautiful and your plate will have the best meat slice on the table. This knife blade stays sharp for a long time, and they are long-lasting. You can carve the roast turkey, slice the ham smoothly and make slices of filet mignon. The blade is stainless steel and long-lasting.
- Wüsthof – Two-Piece Carving Set: This knife has carbon made blade that ensures super slicing of every meat you can name of. The slices will be thin and beautiful. You will find this knife blade long lasting and sharpest ever.
A slicing knife is lengthier than a slicing knife. The length of this knife is 12-14 inch and the width stays consistent. This blade makes the slice even and consistent. The blade has the “Granton” edge that helps the blade to do slice comfortable and ultra-thin.
When you want a thin slice from the boneless beef roast, pork tenderloin, turkey and roast chicken than you have to use a slicing knife. Slices for sandwiches is comfortable with this knife.
Here are my preferable three types of slicing knives:
- DALSTRONG Slicing Carving Knife:This full tang knife is combined with two types of knife features. You can use it for slicing and also for carving. You can do all the things like trimming, skinning, slicing and curving with this knife. You will be satisfied with this knife entirely.
- Victorinox 12 Inch Fibrox Pro Slicing Knife with Granton Blade:This knife blade is long and narrow, and it is razor sharp. You can cut cakes, slice meats and sandwich easily with this knife. This knife has Granton blade that allows slicing without sticking food.
- Mercer Culinary Millennia 14-Inch Granton-Edge Slicer Knife: The knife has the durable and comfortable handle. The blade of this knife long and wide. The razor sharp blade allows slicing and carving effortlessly. You will enjoy a long lasting and sharp blade with this knife.
So there was a long lecture about carving knife vs. slicing knife. If you ask me which knife should help you, I will recommend a carving knife. With this knife, your slicing and curving will be smooth and smooth.