What about challenging your friends with the most tiring tasks? You are scared that you can’t do that because you get tired within a short time. However, you are just thirty. You should be able to win those challenges.
Nowadays, lots of people have high blood pressure. Probably you are the victim of high blood pressure. If you are young and can’t do simple physical activities, then it is a concerning thing for you.
You should know the causes of high blood pressure and should avoid those things.
High blood pressure or hypertension is when you have your blood pressure is greater than 140 over 90. If you don’t know what these two numbers are, then continue reading this article.
When you have high blood pressure, it puts the strain on your heart and blood vessels. The strain can cause you a heart attack or stroke later. It can also damage your kidney.
Table of Contents
How to Read High Blood Pressure?
You need to understand two numbers to understand high or low blood pressure. In a blood pressure monitor, there is a top number, and one is a bottom number. Below I will discuss both of them:
Systolic Pressure: It is the top number. You have to read this number first. Top number or systolic indicates the pressure when the heart pumps the blood or the pressure in your arteries.
Each time your heart beats, it pumps blood to the whole of your body through arteries. It creates pressure on the blood vessels. It is the systolic blood pressure.
Average systolic blood pressure is 120. When the pressure reaches 130-139, then it is the stage 1 high blood pressure. It is also the hypertension stage.
Diastolic Pressure: It is the second number. It is also called diastolic pressure. It indicates the blood pressure between arteries and the heartbeat.
In other words, it is the reading of interval between heartbeats. The heart gets the oxygen and fills with blood. The normal rate of diastolic is 80.
However, it does not guarantee you normal blood pressure. If the systolic rate is between 120-129, it can elevate your diastolic blood pressure.
Adult Blood Pressure Rate
There are five categories of blood pressure based on the readings of pressure:
- Healthy: I have already mentioned the normal rate of both of top number and bottom number. It is the average rate for healthy blood pressure. It is 120/80.
- Elevated: When the systolic rate is 120-129 mm Hg and the diastolic rate lower than 80 mm Hg. Physicians take it lightly. The advice is to make the blood pressure normal by changing the habit in daily life.
- Stage 1 Hypertension: When the systolic rate is between 130 to 139 mm Hg, and the diastolic rate is 80 to 89 mm Hg. It is the first stage of hypertension. It is comparatively less severe than the next one.
- Stage 2 Hypertension: When the systolic rate is higher than 140 mm Hg, and the diastolic rate is higher than 90 mm Hg. It is severe hypertension.
Both of the systolic and diastolic numbers are important for the blood pressure reading. Usually, experts recommend checking the blood pressure two or three times in a day because the blood pressure varies from time to time.
It may happen that you are having hypertension, but your reading is showing elevated. After the age of 50, the systolic number becomes more significant.
What Causes High Blood Pressure
Though there are no specific reasons why people have high blood pressure, still, the scientist assumes that it comes from by inheritance. By many researchers, we now know some reasons cause high blood pressure.
- Aging: There is a relation between the age and the blood pressure. When people become older, they have the highest chances of high blood pressure.
- Stressing: Stress can cause your high blood pressure. It changes the way your heart beats. You can do yoga or other stress relieving exercises to reduce stress. The stress can come from your family too.
- Smoking: I smoke that’s why I know how much smoking can increase your heartbeat. Yeah, smoking causes your high blood pressure. Not only tobacco but also any type of drugs like weed, alcohol can cause high blood pressure.
- Sleeping Disorder: Sleeping disorder causes you, and I have already told that stress causes high blood pressure. In that way, the sleeping disorder can cause you high blood pressure.
- Too much salt: It is weird, but it is true. Too much-uncooked salt also causes blood pressure.
- Overweight: If you are gaining weight without overeating then overweight is not your fault. However, at the same time, you should know overweight are at risk for your health because it increases the chances of blood pressure. However, if you love to eat lots of junk foods and other fatty foods, then you should make the change in your habit.
- Lack of exercise: You have probably had this before that you should do exercise regularly. However, you are so much careless about your health. Do you know if you don’t do exercise and seat in your house idle all day long then there is a higher chance of being a victim of high blood pressure? So you should start exercise from now.
- Alcohol: Alcohol is one of the top visions of blood pressure. You don’t know too much about it because the alcohol company hides from you.
How to Lower High Blood Pressure?
As I have already mentioned the reasons for high blood pressure, you can see it causes because of uncontrolled lifestyles.
If you can change your lifestyle and do daily exercise, you can lower the risk of high blood pressure. Here are the ways you can lessen the high blood pressure:
Lose Extra Fats
You already know overweight causes high blood pressure. Overweight also interrupt the breathing while you sleep. Losing fats from your body is the most effective to reduce high blood pressure.
Even a little amount of fat reducing effort works so well. If you lose 2.2 lbs fat from your body, you will cut 1 millimeter of mercury Hg blood pressure.
Eat Healthy Food
You probably know how much the food impact on your overall health. You must eat healthy foods to be healthy. Keep away from junk foods, alcohol, and other harming foods. Eat fruits more and water.
Follow a Healthy Diet
You should follow a healthy diet to reduce your high blood pressure. The diet should exclude the high fat and high calories foods. You can search for diet chart online.
Besides, you can get an appointment with a professional nutritionist. You can also follow some techniques to motivate you.
You can keep a diary with you. Note down the foods you are eating. If you see that you are consuming high fat, then promise yourself not to eat that next day.
One thing you can do that is not included in most of the diet plan. You should consist of potassium in your diet plan. It reduces the amount of sodium in the blood. Thus, it will help you to lower high blood pressure.
Do Exercise and Chores Daily
Only a diet can’t help you to lose fat. You have to keep yourself busy with a vast amount of exercise. Try to walk 10,000 steps daily. It is the most recommended exercise by the experts all over the world.
Ten thousand steps daily are equal to five hundred calories. You can also join a gym. You will be surprised to know regular chores can burn up to 2000 calories daily. So don’t ignore a little number of works.
Smoking is a significant cause of high blood pressure. Each time you smoke a cigarette you increase the risk of high blood pressure. Try to avoid smoking. You can use anti-smoking chewing gum to help with quit smoking.
Already mentioned, alcohol is another significant cause of high blood pressure. You should keep away from alcohol. If you can’t quit alcohol immediately, then you can limit the amount of alcohol you consume every day.
Another important cause of high blood pressure is stressing too much. Most of the people are having high blood pressure because of stress.
If you stress too much, you should immediately try to reduce it using therapy. Sudden stress has the high impact on high blood pressure.
Do not eat unhealthy food during stress. It will increase the blood pressure. You can go to professional counselors to get rid of stress.
Measure Your Blood Pressure Frequently
Human nature is to put efforts on quantifiable and known facts. Thus, if you don’t know what blood pressure level is, you won’t probably want to control the blood pressure.
For this reason, measure your blood pressure frequently as well as keep a record of that. You will be able to keep track of your blood pressure profile.
Visit the doctor for a regular checkup. Your doctor will tell you how often you need to check your blood pressure.