Do you feel dinginess when standing up from sitting down? If so, you may have low blood pressure. Though it is not a severe kind of health issue, still, you should be aware of low blood pressure.
It not appropriately maintained it might trigger a severe problem. Unlike high blood pressure controlling low blood pressure is easy.
When you do have low blood pressure, you need to increase blood pressure. You can do this with natural ingredients.
However, before that, you need to know the symptoms of low blood pressure and how you can know you have it.
It must be clarified that hypotension is not a disease. It is a personal characteristic that provides certain advantages. Such as having less risk of cardiovascular disease as the age advances.
However, this condition can alter life and health if it is not He knows how to control.
Table of Contents
- What Can Regulate Blood Pressure?
- What To Do To Lower Blood Pressure?
- Water with lemon, salt, and sugar
What Can Regulate Blood Pressure?
Blood pressure depends on two factors: cardiac output (the amount of blood ejected by the heart per unit of time) and total peripheral resistance (resistance of the vascular system to blood flow).
The mechanisms that control any of these two factors can modify blood pressure.
From the physiological point of view, the regulation of blood pressure depends on the centers of cardiovascular regulation of the central nervous system (CNS) and the autonomic nervous system. Both structures can send control signals to different organs:
It tells you to regulate the frequency and strength of your heartbeat to control the amount of blood you pump.
It controls the level of the water fraction of the blood. It removes the excess water that leads to a decrease in the amount of blood and, therefore, blood pressure.
Otherwise, it can transfer water into the bloodstream, thereby increasing the amount of blood and, thus, blood pressure.
It can control blood pressure by increasing or decreasing the light of the vascular system. You can achieve by contracting or relaxing the muscles that form the blood vessels.
It is a type of low blood pressure. It occurs when you get up quickly from a place after having been quiet for a long time because it decreases the flow of blood to the brain.
It is not a disease, it is an inability to regulate pressure quickly, which produces vertigo, light dizziness, blurred vision or fainting.
Symptoms of Hypotension
Low blood pressure or arterial hypotension is when the pressure reaches values equal to or less than 90 mm Hg over 60 mm Hg.
Generally, individuals with low blood pressure do not have visible symptoms most of the time. So, this situation is not usually problematic.
However, some people may present symptoms such as headaches, dizziness, weakness or faintness.
The hypotension is dangerous in patients in critical condition who are in shock from excessive blood loss, heart failure, and acute infections such as sepsis.
In these cases, the patient needs intravenous medication to increase blood pressure to avoid cardio respiratory arrest.See below step by step how blood pressure should be measured correctly:
The Symptoms of Hypotension are:
- Feeling weak
- Cold sweating
- Dark vision when the individual quickly gets up from the bed
- Blurred or cloudy vision
- Dizziness and headache
- Sleep or faint
The individual with these symptoms should measure blood pressure to confirm if it is low blood pressure.
Also, consult a general practitioner or cardiologist to diagnose the problem and start treatment if necessary.
What To Do When The Pressure Is Low?
The medical orientation that is usually given to patients who have falls in blood pressure is that begin to feel any symptoms:
- Lie on your back, placing your legs on a chair. So, it remains higher than the rest of the body. Raising the legs makes the blood return more readily to the heart and brain.
Experts don’t recommend using salt placed under the tongue when the individual has these symptoms. The reason is that the salt has no immediate effect and may take hours to increase the pressure.
For people who suffer from low blood pressure, experts recommend giving natural orange juice or coffee to help stabilize the pressure.
Low Pressure In Pregnancy
Low blood pressure during pregnancy is typical at the beginning of pregnancy but usually does not bring complications for the baby. Moreover, it is the relation between the action of the hormone relaxing on the veins.
In addition to this the fetus needs a more significant amount of blood, and therefore, naturally decreases the amount of blood in the mother’s arteries, causing hypotension.
If the pregnant woman presents symptoms of low pressure, she should lie on her back, keeping her legs elevated to normalize the pressure.
However, if there is no improvement in symptoms, experts recommend consulting the obstetrician to investigate the causes of hypotension and its possible correction.
Possible Causes of Hypotension
The causes of low pressure can be:
- Staying for a long time (orthostatic hypotension),
- Excessive heat
- Heart failure
- Low salt diet
Other common causes of low blood pressure include the use of laxative, anti-hypertensive, and weight-loss medications.
What To Do To Lower Blood Pressure?
- Take between two and three liters of water a day including broths, juices, and moisturizing drinks.
- Include carbohydrates at breakfast, such as cereals, bread milk, and yogurt.
- You should never start the day without consuming food.
- Eat well and also include fruit between meals.
- Choose nutritious foods, such as fruits, vegetables, cereals, dairy products, pasta, rice, eggs and lean meats.
- You should not diet without consulting the specialist.
- Avoid alcoholic beverages, as they dilate the blood vessels causing the blood pressure to drop.
- To resort to food supplements, especially those that contain ginseng, they avoid physical and mental fatigue.
- At the time of feeling dizzy and fatigue should wet the forehead with cold water, rest for a while and drink some moisturizing drink.
- Low blood pressure should not limit your normal life since you can control straightforwardly, follow the previous recommendations and you will be able to carry a routine without setbacks.
Remedies to Control Low Blood Pressure
Infusion of rosemary and honey
The drink prepared with rosemary and honey contains antioxidants and vitamins and minerals that help improve blood pressure, optimizing the oxygenation of cells and tissues.
Its compounds stimulate the functioning of the central nervous system, calming vertigo and weakness caused by this imbalance.
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- ½ tablespoon of dried rosemary (5 g)
- 1 spoonful of honey of bees (25 g)
- Boil a cup of water and, once it boils, remove it and add the rosemary.
- Let it sit for 10 minutes, strain it and sweeten it with honey.
- Drink the drink at the first symptom of hypotension and, if necessary, take it twice a day.
Coconut and Lemon Water
A tropical drink made with coconut and lemon water helps us to restore the body’s electrolytes to maintain blood pressure at adequate levels.
It contains essential minerals and antioxidants that, after assimilation, help to improve the passage of blood through the veins.
- 1 cup of coconut water (250 ml)
- two tablespoons of lemon juice (20 ml)
- Get organic coconut water and mix it with a couple of tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Eat the beverage mid-morning, or when you feel pressure low.
Carrot and honey juice
Carrot and honey juice is a drink with dynamic properties that, due to its contribution of essential nutrients, helps to improve health in cases of hypotension.
Its antioxidants help to restore the heart rate and circulation, avoiding interference in cellular oxygenation.
- Five large carrots
- Two tablespoons of honey of bees (50 g)
- Obtain the natural juice of the carrots, passing them through a juice extractor.
- Mix with the tablespoons of honey and serve immediately.
- Ingests the juice on an empty stomach and repeats its consumption in the middle of the afternoon.
Water with lemon, salt, and sugar
This drink combines the properties of lemon with salt and sugar and helps us to improve low blood pressure, especially when it has to do with dehydration.
These foods help restore the energy level and, among other things, benefit the circulation and the nervous system.
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- Three tablespoons of lemon juice (30 ml)
- ¼ teaspoon of salt (1.2 g)
- ½ teaspoon of sugar (2.5 g)
- Add all the ingredients in the cup of water and stir until they are well integrated.
- Eat the drink on an empty stomach or when you have symptoms of low blood pressure.
Are your blood pressure levels below normal?
Remember that, in addition to trying these remedies, it is essential to visit the doctor on a regular basis and adopt healthy lifestyle habits.