Are you a golf lover and player like me? Then you must know how hard it is nowadays to find a good-quality rangefinder.
However, I’m here to help you out. Out of many outstanding models, I’ve chosen one to use for myself; that is the TecTecTec VPRO500 golf rangefinder.
You might have already heard the name of this rangefinder, for it’s very popular due to its affordable price and high accuracy.
You must be wondering what else this device has got which made it so admired. Well, my TecTecTec vpro500 review will let you know that here.
Six or seven months ago, I accidentally broke my previous rangefinder device. I needed a new one. I was looking for one which was fine enough to use and also came in my budget.
Fortunately, I came across a good number of golf rangefinder reviews that stated about this product. I loved its features and made up my mind to buy this one.
Since then, I’ve been using this device. I thought of helping my fellow golfers worldwide, and so, I’m writing this review based on my experience with it.
>>> Check Latest Price <<<
Table of Contents
For Whom the Product is?
This is needless to say that a golf rangefinder is for a golfer. Nevertheless, the usability of this device is not limited to golf players only. Hunters and surveyors can use it too.
If you have to do any range measuring, you can use it. This device can also be used as a monocular.
Things To Consider Before You Buy One
An ideal rangefinder comprises of some features that you cannot ignore. There are things that you need to keep in mind while buying golf rangefinder.
My review here covers those facts that you cannot help considering.
The rangefinders generally come at high prices starting from 300 a thousand dollars or more. Of course, it’s not necessary that the higher prices cover for superior features.
There are devices with more excellent quality at reasonable price ranges. If you make a budget first and then look for devices on that price range, you might find many useful products within your budget.
The range capacity of the device must be good enough. It should be able to measure at least 500 to 6 or 7 hundred yards without making mistakes. Many devices can measure more than this range too.
The accuracy of the device matters the most in the case of golf rangefinders. The device’s primary responsibility is to give you the proper measurements of the distance despite how woody or foggy the court is.
If you don’t want to miss the vision of the flag and improve peers, find a rangefinder that is well-equipped with features to have high levels of accuracy.
The device should be lightweight and portable. Whether for golfing or hunting, you’ll need to move it from here to there continually. So, the portability is also not a negligible factor.
Make sure to buy a sturdy device. The rangefinders cost you a good amount of money. So, it’s not likable to have to buy one frequently. Instead, look for a durable product that will last a couple of years.
The rangefinders work on battery cells. Before you buy one, check its battery. Make sure that the batteries are easily available in local stores near you.
Golf rangefinders aren’t cheap. So, you should take good care of yours to keep it in pristine condition. While buying a rangefinder, ensure that it comes with a storage bag. Make sure that the device is easy to use and clean.
TecTecTec VPRO500 Golf Rangefinder
TecTecTec VPRO500 is the most renowned rangefinder from TecTecTec. It has everything to reach that position.
When you take a look at this device, you might feel that it looks like all other rangefinders in its black, sleek body, but it’s much more than that.
The device is simple to use and maintain. The device will stun you because it has all the features that any other high-priced rangefinder got, but you get everything at an attractive and reasonable price.
I loved this device when I checked its features. I’ve been using it since I bought it. My golf sessions have improved ever since I use this. I can have better vision, measurement, and the range is enough for me.
Though in some reviews, some users complained about the accuracy of the device, I never faced such kind of trouble with it.
If you hold it steadily in your hand and then look through it, you’ll get the maximum accuracy.
- The item is pocket-sized and lightweight
- Offers a good yard range
- The Pin sensor Technology ensures high accuracy
- Different scanning modes give you clear vision and accurate measurement
- Package includes a bag for carrying
- Rainproof device
- The diopter adjustment function lets the users adjust the device as per their eye condition
- Smaller range capacity than most other rangefinders
- It requires the user to hold it steadily to give proper readings
- The display doesn’t have any backlight
Features & Benefits
I’ve already mentioned the positive and negative sides of the TecTecTec VPRO500 golf rangefinder.
However, I think you’ll like to have more details about the device. For that reason, here I’ve described some features and benefits of the item.
- High accuracy and efficiency: With 6X magnification, this device gives you a clear vision of the flag and correct yard measurement. It can measure up to 540 yards with +/- 1-yard accuracy. Equipped with Pin sensor technology, this device can show you the target from behind overlapping objects. So, you don’t have to worry about any obstacles.
- Diopter Adjustment: This device features a Diopter adjustment function. Therefore, even if you’re nearsighted or farsighted, you can adjust the Diopter settings so that you can see clearly. You won’t find this feature in all the rangefinders. This is a plus point of this device.
- Three different scan modes: The device has three scan modes- the pinseeker mode, first target priority mode, and continuous scan mode. The scan modes improve your confidence about the visual clarity and accuracy of the measurements. The pinseeker mode minimizes the vision of overlapping of obstacles from the targets and shows you the target. Continuous scan mode enables you to understand the distance of hazards. The first target priority mode displays the closest subjects so that you can identify the target easily.
- Compact size: This device’s dimension is 4.1 x 2.8 x 1.6 inches. It weighs only 0.41 lbs. Its compact size makes it fit in your backpack without killing much space. With the wrist strap, you can hang it on your arms. You won’t feel any weight there because of its tiny size.
- Portability: This device comes with a carrying bag. Because of its size and weight, this rangefinder is easy to carry. Therefore, you can carry it anywhere. Portability of a rangefinder is essential as you have to carry it to certain places. This device provides you with the benefits of being a portable one.
- Versatility: Aside from being used in golfing, this device can also be used for hunting, surveying, taking measurements, etc. On top of that, you can use this as a monocular too. This device is a versatile rangefinder, and you can use it to places where you’re not golfing but need to take measurements of targets and places.
So, you can see that this rangefinder has the abilities to be your perfect companion while measuring distances of your target in a golf club. I still use this device, and I must say that I’m more than satisfied with this gadget.
It cost me comparatively lesser than almost all other golf rangefinders I’ve used so far. Nevertheless, it pleased me the most among all the others.
That’s why I wrote my TecTecTec VPRO500 review so that golf players find a suitable rangefinder within their budget. I fell in love with this device, and I know, you’ll love it too.